About the Lab
MU’s avian ecology lab includes students and faculty members from both the Division of Biological Sciences and the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences. Students are typically funded through research assistantships, teaching assistantships, or fellowships and work on a diversity of projects throughout the Americas.
Current and recent research field sites include:
- Mark Twain National Forest – Missouri
- Mississippi valley bottomland hardwood forests – Missouri
- Oak-Juniper woodlands – Central Texas
- Guánica Forest Reserve – Puerto Rico
- El Cielo Biosphere Reserve – Mexico
- Tuamotu Atoll – French Polynesia
- Coastal longleaf pine – Florida
read about our research
How to Join Like our work? Contact the faculty member you are interested in working with about your research interests and funding availability.